- For member change in Team of 2, Team of 4 and Corporate Cup before 27 January 2017, no fee will be charged for once. $100 administrative fee will be charged for every following change. Please complete and return the Change of Member Form together with the fee to A Drop of Life Office in person, by post, email or fax.
- For change of members between 28 January 2017 and 10 March 2017, $100 administrative fee will be charged. Please complete and return the Change of Member Form together with the fee to A Drop of Life Office in person, by post, email or fax.
- For change of members on event day, please complete the Change of Member Form and submit it together with $100 administrative fee per member to the Information Counter at least 1 hour before the start time. Only bank deposit will be accepted.
- If the replacing member is under the age of 18, he/she has to submit the signed parent or guardian consent form together with the Change of Member Form.
- Change of team leader is NOT allowed. The maximum number of changing is listed below:
Team of 2: Can change one member only
Team of 4: Can change up to 2 members only
Corporate Cup: Can change up to 2 members only, should have at least 2 members from the same organization after change
- The Organizer will not issue new racing bibs for the replacing members. Please pass the Race Pack to the members if it is collected, including event t-shirt, racing bib and luggage tag.
Administrative fee is non-refundable and would not be regarded as donation for tax deduction. Please click here to read more about payment procedure.
- If Typhoon Signal No. 3 or above/Red Rainstorm/Black Rainstorm is hoisted before 4:00 am, the event will be cancelled. The Organizer will notify all participants at 5am by SMS.
- The Organizer reserves the right to adjust and cancel the race depending on the actual weather condition.
- The race will not be re-organized if cancelled. Both registration fee and donations will not be refunded.
- Participants must be aged 16 or above by 12 March 2017. Participants under the age of 18 have to submit the signed parent or guardian consent form together with registration form.
- Registration should be done on or before 8 January 2017. Late registration will not be accepted.
- Each participant can register one category only.
- No ranking and award will be given to Experience 15.
- The Organizer reserves the right to restrict and deny any registration
- Donation and registration fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- All participants on assigned route are covered by event insurance of group personal accident on the event day.Injuries and damages to third parties or the property caused by participants during the race will not be covered.
- The Organizer reserves the participants’ portraiture right for any promotion.
- Entry is available on a first-come, first served basis. If the selected timeslot of Experience 15 is full, The Organizer would swap the entry to the available timeslot. The confirmation email sent to participants shall prevail. Participants are not allowed to swap the entry. Violation will be disqualified. A Drop of Life reserves the right to close the registration before the mentioned deadline withour prior notice.
- The Organizer reserves the right to revise all the above terms and conditions at any time without further notice.
- Participants should complete the race as fast as possible. Race results will be recorded according to the gun time.
- Participants should start the race according to the specified starting time and pass through all checkpoints. Participants who fail to arrive at all checkpoints before closing will be disqualified.
- Participants should carry the water basket and 4.5L water provided by the organizer. Participants may add removable materials on shoulder straps and materials for holding the water bottle on the basket. Other assisting materials will not be allowed.
- Participants must carry the water basket and water by themselves. Violators will be disqualified.
- Assistance in any kind is only allowed within the team. Non-team member cannot provide any support within the race. Violators will be disqualified.
- Participants should pass through all timing sensors allocated on the race route. For participants who fail to pass anyone of the sensors will be regarded as incomplete.
- Participants should read the race route carefully and follow the instructions and signage set on the route. Racing on unofficial routes or using short-cuts is strictly prohibited and will be disqualified.
- Participants will be asked to inspect both the basket and the water bottle at “Water checking booth” at finishing point. If the water has been disposed consumed or opened, the participants’ race will be considered as incomplete.
- Participants completed the race will receive a certificate of appreciation according to the following classifications:
o Certificate of Completion – Completed the official route with water bottle remain unopened and intact.
o Certificate of Participation – Completed the official route with water bottle unloaded/opened/consumed.
- Participation on “Race for Water 2017” should be done voluntarily. The Organizer and all its sponsors, promoters, supporters, and all other contributors will not be responsible for any accident of whatever kind, resulting in death or injury, and/or any damage, loss or destruction of personal properties participants may suffer in this event from any cause whatsoever, including negligence.
- Participants should understand the potential risks involved in taking part in the event and acknowledge the degree of fitness required. Participants should ensure that they are physically fit to finish the race. Any person who is pregnant or suffering from any chronic disease such as heart disease or high blood pressure should not participate in the Event. The Organizer reserves the right to deny the registration of any person who is known to have the above condition.
- Participants are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring the registration entry. Any breach of this rule will result in disqualification and no refund will be done.
- Participants will be disqualified and asked to leave the race route if he/she carries substances which are dangerous or may impede the progress of the activity (e.g. offensive weapons, inflammable or explosive substances) within the race area.
- The Organizer reserves the right to divide participants in different groups under the same timeslot to the selected timeslot to avoid unnecessary congestions.
- Participants are not allowed to use any form of wheel-run objects of transport, such as bicycles, skates, push carts, shoes with built-in rollers to assist in completing the race or enter the race route.
- Participants could unload the basket and water in any of the checkpoints for physical strength reasons.
- In case of any damage of the basket during the race, participants can inform our event staff at the nearest checkpoint or water station to exchange one to continue the race. Unloading the basket and water without reasonable justification during the race is strictly prohibited.
- Award presentation to the top 10 of each group will be distributed at the Start Point (Pui Tak Canossian College). Awardee should present their HKID for identity verification within 30 minutes after completing the race. Awardee who fails to do so may lose eligibility to redeem the prize.
- The Organizer reserves the right to adjust the race route before and during the race without prior notice for unexpected road conditions. The race maybe temporarily suspended in case of any emergency situation for life-saving purposes. In case of emergency situation, participants should follow the instructions of onsite event staff or law enforcement officers.
- The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person and his or her result due to any violation, breach or non-observance of any laws and regulations in Hong Kong or the event race rules. No refund will be given to any violators.
- All participants must comply with the race rules. For details, please refer to the Race Booklet.
- The Organizer reserves the right to revise all the above terms and conditions at any time without further notice. In case of any dispute, the decision of The Organizer should be final.
- In case of discrepancies between the English and the Chinese versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.